Every job requires employees to wear identification cards. This is mandatory for employment to determine whether you truly work for that company. It must be worn and should be visible at all times for employee security purposes such as getting through parking gates and doors. Thus, users need an ID card reel belt clip to facilitate easy access to office card readers.
Identification cards range from magnetic or smart key cards or a strapped badge with a photo and name. Companies often issue card reels to employees; however, these office products are mostly not long enough or of low quality. Thus, one needs a reliable ID card reel belt clip that can be attached to a belt loop and give users the extra reach.
The following are the importance of using this office product in employee security and convenience:
- Users have the ability to keep their ID cards clipped to their belts. This office product is a great alternative to the traditional ID strap that is worn around the neck. The ID card reel belt clip allows the users to punch the clock in or out using the ID card without having to unclip it. This offers great convenience especially when one has the need to swipe a card reader machine mounted on the wall so frequently.
- It is able to hold not just access cards but also office keys. The cord is long enough to allow using it even if the holder is attached to rear pockets. In addition, the spring mechanism works perfectly for hassle-free retractions.
- The ID card reel belt clip securely hooks onto clothing, backpacks or purses. Thus, users can carry and attach it almost anywhere.
Employee security is of utmost importance to offices and companies. That is why ID cards are necessary to determine one’s identity to access the building. For added convenience, use Baumgartens ID card reel belt clip. This office product is retractable and extends 30″ for easy scanning or swiping of cards.
Sugarcane like wheat, rice, corn and other forage crops is economically important. It produces dozens of products mostly in human food industries. Sugar, ethanol and vinegar are just some of the sugarcane by-products that we regularly consume. In fact, it the world’s largest produce crop. Perhaps it is due to the increasing demand for sugar in many parts of the world. For years, another sugarcane product is pushed through the market as a green alternative to paper. The sugarcane paper has made its way to the market and has started to gain popularity in many business set ups. This office supply is multi-purpose and produces great print results of text and images. However, other than its uses, sugarcane paper offers even more environmental benefits.
It takes millions of trees to produce a ton of paper. This process eventually leads to deforestation and other calamities. Sugarcane paper however is equivalent to tree-less paper production. It comes from the waste products of sugar cane farming. This means that no single tree has been cut during the process.
Biodegradable and fully recyclable
Although other papers are biodegradable and recyclable, these are unlike the ones made out of sugarcane. Since it is made of sugarcane fiber, it biodegrades faster than any regular paper. It is also recyclable; but isn’t the whole process of producing this paper entirely recycling already?
The sugarcane fiber requires lesser energy and materials to be turned into paper. Recycling sugarcane wastes into paper also saves wastes from being burned, which is natural to all crop wastes. Thus, it prevents another possible gas air pollutant. Using Sugarcane paper as part of your office supply is not only beneficial to your work but also to the environment.
Vellum paper is a modern replacement for the traditional piece that was made of animal skin. Today, it is developed through plasticized cotton but has the same appearance and texture of the traditional vellum. Vellum paper has many different uses and is utilized by different people in school, office, construction sites and other businesses. However, you can’t just use any vellum paper for your need. The use is dependent on ones need or specificity in type, size and paper style.
Crafting – In schools, vellum is use to teach middle school and high school students in basic sketching techniques. Its thin and translucent quality is also ideal for tracing images from books and other materials. These traces are later use for crafting.
Drafting – Architects and engineers use vellum for layouts, blue prints and other drawings. Some businesses also use this paper to draw their office floor plans. Homeowners utilize this paper for kitchen layout and remodeling. Vellum pads with grid and Vellum title block pad are commonly used in this area.
Printing – Vellum is also an important office supply. These are use to print using inkjets and laser printers, planners, and xerographic plotters. However, drafting vellum paper is not made to be printed on. In fact, vellum for inkjet and laser printers or plotters has specific and special coating for each use. The paper use for printing is usually in rolls, sheets and pads that has no grid or preprinted.
Vellum paper has many uses and types. Therefore, it is important to know which one to buy for your need. If you are drafting temporary of final engineering or architectural drawings, then Vellum title block pad is ideal. It is preprinted and formatted so any information about the plans can be written on the same paper.
Few documents and reports in the office are considered confidential. This means that only a handful of employees are allowed to have access on said files. Restricted company files include client accounts, bank transactions, insurance, employee profile, and medical records. These files are often inserted in report card jackets when released to keep its contents away from unauthorized personnel.
Three Reasons why a File is Considered Confidential
- The information must be kept secret. Bank statements or medical results should only be accessed by concerned parties. Work etiquette requires that these records are released only to authorized personnel. You might have noticed that when you took medical files in the hospital, the file was enclosed in a report card jacket.
- It has significant commercial value to be kept a secret. Other than monetary amount for investments, there are also other things that may affect a business’ sales and profits. Customers names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers are not meant to be disclosed. Also, the “secret recipe” of a company should remain classified. These things are integral to the company and maybe deemed useful to competitors when exposed.
- The person has reason to keep it a secret. When a client has taken precautionary steps to keep everything disclosed, then the business is also bound to keep it as such. A person has its own reason to keep it confidential. Therefore, going against the wishes of its clients defies work ethics.
Therefore, using office supplies like report card jackets are ideal when releasing confidential documents. These are heavy-duty and can carry up to 32 lbs of paper. The thumb cut design also provides easy insertion and retrieval of materials while maintaining privacy.
Binder is a heavy-duty school and office supply. It can keep thicker volumes of documents intact, which makes it ideal for organizing different kinds of files. However, not all binders are appropriate for document storage. Some are prone to cracks, tears or splits. The office is a place where stacks after stacks of archives are kept. To keep important business records from decaying, clearvue binders are usually used.
Non-stick property. Due to humid and temperature changes, some inserted documents and photos especially inserted in plastics tend to stick on the cover. This accelerates the deterioration of product quality. Clearvue binder on the other hand is made of materials that extend the cover’s life. Thus, prevents any inserted materials from sticking.
Split and Tear-resistant. The office supply components are far stronger than binders made out of vinyl and plastic. Therefore, do not expect to see its seam split, or its hinge tear.
Cold-crack tested – Heat damages files, and so does cold. Storing materials and archives requires proper control of temperature. However, not all businesses can afford such equipment. Fortunately, this type of binder is not only tear –resistant, but also resists cracks. It was cold-crack tested on an extreme temperature of negative 50 degrees Fahrenheit (-45 degrees Celsius) and was still able to hold.
Holds 25% more materials than the usual – With a size of 11″x8-1/2″, there is no question why can hold more number of materials compared to others. What makes it also possible is its locking slant-D shaped rings feature.
The features mentioned above is what makes the Clearvue binder an ideal office supply not only for organizing files but also materials storage.
A whiteboard is a helpful tool for organizing thoughts and schedules in the office. This office product is used for writing ideas when brainstorming or sharing valuable information. Others also use it as a calendar or a chart to put all the important events within a day or a week to keep organized. Thus, many find it useful for whiteboards to have permanent lines created by various office supplies including permanent markers.
Permanent lines on a whiteboard are very efficient when listing pending jobs, announcements and staff schedules. It keeps everything in order and avoids confusing busy employees by organizing thoughts and schedules they ought to follow.
Here are some office supplies that can be used in creating permanent lines on a whiteboard:
- Permanent Markers. With a straightedge or yardstick, make straight and permanent lines using black or colored markers. Create thicker lines by applying the marker several times on the board. These markers will permanently stain the board and leave lines that cannot be washed off.
- Electrical Tape. Another effective way is to use a colored electrical tape to create permanent lines on a white board. Since the tape is permanent, it cannot be wiped away by the eraser. However, the lines can be moved by replacing the tape so one can still reorganize the lines on the board.
- Scoring. With the help of a metal straightedge or yardstick, one can also score the board with a razor to create parallel and permanent lines. Users can also apply permanent markers into the lines to make them more distinct.
These office supplies are truly helpful in creating an effective whiteboard for organizing thoughts and schedules. Remember to purchase high quality markers like the Avery Consumer Products permanent marker. This marker has a durable bullet tip that writes on almost any surface including cardboard, metal and plastic.
Office supplies take a big chunk of monthly expenses in the workplace yet it cannot be cut back because these are vital in the overall business operation. In order to manage the flow of supplies, the management can come up with an inventory system. Actual count of supplies is the best way to do but it is tedious and time-consuming. Alternatively, the use of spreadsheets and clipboards to monitor the office supplies is a good approach.
If it is your first time to do an inventory on office supplies, the following steps will help ease the task at hand.
- Check the previous records. It is important purchases made are recorded. An inventory always begins with the checking of supply records. Without it, expenses may just be thrown outbalanced. Not knowing which supplies are frequently purchased and which is constantly consumed will have you and your office supplies record at a loss.
- Separate supplies. Categorizing supplies helps the run-down easier and faster. Separate supplies like papers, printer supplies, fasteners and writing equipment. In bigger companies, using UPC codes or product numbers are basis for the inventory.
- Record item and number available. If you are using software for your inventory; bring your laptop or computer with you. In smaller companies and those who need to walk around for recording, using spreadsheets in plastic clipboards are customary.
- Take note of the frequency of orders. As mentioned, it is important to know which supply is frequently consumed as well as how long supplies can be delivered. This will give you the idea of when to order before office supplies are exhausted.
- Add notes for future orders. Controlling the number of supplies depends on the level of preorders. How fast the consummation of supply will give you the hint. This way, no supplies will be less or more.
Doing quick inventory of your office supplies has to be done constantly. Don’t forget to account your inventory to check your expenses. Once done, keep your spreadsheets in a durable clipboard in a secured cabinet for future use.